View Single Post
Old 10-07-2014, 07:48 AM   #49 (permalink)
FPenvy
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 GT-R BE/09 370Z
FPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
I just have a base Touring model. No upgrades. Tires were BF Goodrich Comp2 on 18" base wheels. Nothing was unloaded from the car. I went down the track in 100% stock form with 3/4 tank of gas and most importantly.. VDC ON.

13.57 @ 105.14.

Needless to say but I'll say it anyway... Can't just mash the gas with a one-wheel wonder (VDC on or off). Spun all the way down the track like it did my second pass at 99MPH and 14.2 seconds. I think I finally hooked a little past the 1/8 mile mark. Left VDC on for my third pass and feathered the throttle down to keep the tire hooked the whole time. Result was the 13.57 pass and everyone who watched said it was a great run.
i only run VDC off.

the main issue off the bat you are having is no VLSD in the base model. sport model has a subpar VLSD but still has one vs base which doesnt. you will spin all day trying to drop gear and smash the gas in it.

there are many easy ways i could drop my personal best one of them being upgrading to a better LSD, drag radials, run on an empty tank, strip out all weight.
324whp/258wtq AAM Tuned |F.I. NonRes CF CBE/NonRes TestPipes #373|UpRev Tuner|Akuma Motorsports Intakes|Z1 34 Row Oil Cooler
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.I. Inc. View Post
Yes, they are Tony approved! Frank, when I get around to it, I may put your pipes into production. We will call them, "The FP" option.
-Tony
FPenvy is offline   Reply With Quote