View Single Post
Old 10-05-2014, 11:08 AM   #7 (permalink)
ResIpsa
Track Member

Drives: 09 RACING HEN
ResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond repute

I suggest approaching your question from a different direction. First choose what tire you want to run and then see what is available and fits. You will see that this will quickly limit your available choices.

When it comes to non-slick R-compounds you do not have many choices. I suspect that you will eventually find that all roads keep leading you back to the Nitto NT01 (assuming you have 18 inch wheels). If you have factory 19’s you will be really stuck with Toyo’s R888 (which is fine but they should be shaved for dry use).

Although, I have not seen any real world comparisons of the new breed of ultra high performance street tires such as the Rival compared to the Nitto NT01 & Toyo R888.

You may end up doing what I did and trading your precious Sport Rays for some lesser 18x10 wheels.