Thread: z or vette
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2014, 07:05 PM   #180 (permalink)
MJB
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: a POS truck
MJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond reputeMJB has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Bus View Post
I've been doing a lot of research on the Corvette forums as well. While most are minor, 21 recalls in the short life span of this car is a lot. A thinking man would also assume there are other gremlins in this car which has not made it to the recall stage.

I was very interested in this car, but the way I want it configured would cost me over $60k out the door (basically the cost of my last two cars). I just can't justify spending that kind of money for a car that I may be driving back and forth to the dealer often. I believe GM will work out most of the kinks in their halo car, but it will take them a couple more years to do so.

I know the C7 is a much faster and nicer interior car, but to date my Z has 10k miles on the odometer in 26 months of ownership. Absolutely 0 trips to the dealer. Prior to that, 60k miles and 8+ years of owning a G35 Coupe, only 2 recalls. Brake pads and rotor replaced for free after 15k miles, due to grabby brakes. And greasing of the door locks due to it being sticky. So for $60k+ & 21 recalls, I'll also wait on the C7.
I've been a member of the CorvetteForum longer than I've been on here, and I'm not sure what you guys are talking about. Is there a specific thread you can link me to these "21 recalls".... So far I've heard of the airbag issue, the parking brake cables not seated properly,a few other little minor things and a few engine problems (like on the C&D test vehicle). It seems like people are really exaggerating all these recalls and stuff. Like I said, I'm on that forum daily, and of course I do see some issues, but nothing like you guys make it out to be.

One good thing about GM though, at least they acknowledge issues and recall them... so far every engine failure thread I've seen, GM has fixed under warranty... even if the engine blew up on the track. Look at all the issues we have, CSC failures, paint defects, oil burning issues, and lets not forget how long it took Nissan to do a recall on the steering locks.
09 Nismo #0483 sold. Viper or C7 next time around.

Last edited by MJB; 10-02-2014 at 07:24 PM.
MJB is offline   Reply With Quote