View Single Post
Old 10-01-2014, 09:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
VinceThe1
Base Member

Drives: '12 Z34 SR 6MT T/S/N
VinceThe1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintfocus View Post
Im on 18x10.5 PF01s right now, et38 up front with a 10 mm spacer and ARP studs so the wheel clears the inside knuckle arm, and et15 rear. I DD on 295/35/18 Contientals and track on either 285/35/18 Hankook RS3s or 275/35/18 Maxxis RC1. The Z works well with square tire setups since the front is on the nose heavy side. But the suspension needs to be setup around the square tire setup to be optimal. im of the opinion the OE stagger is to make the car more forgiving to novice drivers.

Only reason id run stagger on the Z is to help harness F/I power
So you run a staggered offset, with same width wheel, and square tire setup? Interesting, however the only reason I can see to run a square tire setup is for cost, so you can buy sets of four and rotate them as you like, and you can have spares to put wherever needed. However, for that it'll be nice to have the same size wheels as well so you can mix and match quickly and easily.

As you know, nearly all RWD sports sedans, coupes, and sports cars in general have a staggered setup from the factory. This is because the front wheels have to turn so they cannot be as large unless the suspension is really made for it...and in general is not needed for a front tire to be that wide.
VinceThe1 is offline   Reply With Quote