View Single Post
Old 10-01-2014, 09:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
clintfocus
Track Member

Drives: 370z, EK Civic, F150
clintfocus will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedWookiee View Post
I have been reading through forum posts related to this, but honestly my head is spinning a bit on the optimal set-up. So I would appreciate some help.

I am looking for advice from those of you who have a square set-up on your 370Z track cars.

Right now I have my eyes on these Enkei PF01's. Others have mentioned this size working, but the offset is not quite what I have seen in other posts. Of course, I would need the proper spacers as well. Thoughts?

As for tires, does anyone have recommendations for a good track tire? I don't want slicks, but I want tires that are as sticky as possible without them being slicks. FYI- I am talking about use in track day events, running about 5 or 6 twenty minutes sessions a day. I do this 12-16 days per year, roughly.
Im on 18x10.5 PF01s right now, et38 up front with a 10 mm spacer and ARP studs so the wheel clears the inside knuckle arm, and et15 rear. I DD on 295/35/18 Contientals and track on either 285/35/18 Hankook RS3s or 275/35/18 Maxxis RC1. The Z works well with square tire setups since the front is on the nose heavy side. But the suspension needs to be setup around the square tire setup to be optimal. im of the opinion the OE stagger is to make the car more forgiving to novice drivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceThe1 View Post
Why do you want to go square? Our cars really aren't meant to wear the same size wheels front and back...simply because of the width and offset of the rear wheels. The hubs are pretty far in and the fenders are really made to accommodate some aggressive size rubber.

Is your suspension stock? You might be able to get away with those 18x10.5" +38 Enkei wheels all around, but you'll need a 15mm or 20mm spacer for the rear and maybe a 5mm for the front if you have clearance issues with the knuckle...but the front should be fine with them even without a spacer.

For tires, it really depends on the amount of money you want to spend so I'll leave that for you to decide, or maybe another form member has a suggestion...but for 10.5" wheels you'd need to run around a 285, which is fine to run 285s all around, maybe you can even do 305s all around like the new Camaro Z/28
Only reason id run stagger on the Z is to help harness F/I power
clintfocus is offline   Reply With Quote