View Single Post
Old 10-01-2014, 07:07 AM   #21 (permalink)
FPenvy
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 GT-R BE/09 370Z
FPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawa View Post
I'm a little confused on this one like the OP, currently I'm running only aam short tails and k&n drop ins with z1 post maf tubes. From what I understand the short tails causes a loss in back pressure which takes away some low end torque, which honestly my butt dyno didn't notice lol but I did notice a small gain up top because it revs easier. My plan is to pick up the AAM s line midpipe to go along with the short tails. Now they claim that is pretty much an increase in 20whp and torque, but from reading this thread it seems like I would lose power? Isn't the AAM s line and short tails combo pretty much a straight pipe catback I guess? Thanks fellas
with my regular set-up my only backpressure was my mufflers and it was a monster.....still is

i was tuned at AAM with my original set-up (in sig still) at 324whp and 258wtq.

i feel that now without the mufflers is the only reason i feel the slight loss in tq. and again it's butt dyno and it may be my ears playing tricks on me.

i say this since now with it being so loud so quick my brain may be telling me i should be going faster than i am based on pure sound......if that makes sense?

i have ran the 1/4 in back to back weekends with and without mufflers recently and saw no real differnce in my ET's and other numbers soooo idk.
324whp/258wtq AAM Tuned |F.I. NonRes CF CBE/NonRes TestPipes #373|UpRev Tuner|Akuma Motorsports Intakes|Z1 34 Row Oil Cooler
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.I. Inc. View Post
Yes, they are Tony approved! Frank, when I get around to it, I may put your pipes into production. We will call them, "The FP" option.
-Tony
FPenvy is offline   Reply With Quote