View Single Post
Old 09-30-2014, 11:34 AM   #41 (permalink)
Mitco39
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th 370z
Mitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorofhavoc View Post
? ...I meant limit rpm to say 5500 or 5600 while you have your foot on the gas and the clutch at the same time so that you're not dropping into the next geat at 7k rpm and having to shock your driveline much harder.

Hey if no one around here has destroyed a tooth just dropping clutch close to redline, then I stand corrected lol. I come from a world of subarus and porsches...i've seen too many teeth stuck to the magnet on the drain bolt to even attempt this in the Z haha.

If these cars are this durable i think it's time i just get a heavier clutch and start ripping those launches at 5k

I think Charles was taking a dig at my shifting speed. haha. Touche. He has the time slip to prove what hes taking about.

The only thing with launching hard is that horrible rear axle hop, which bushings will help with, I am yet to do them however. You will smoke your tires well before you smoke the trans. The stock clutch however, not so much.
My Build --> http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...39s-build.html
Mitco39 is offline   Reply With Quote