View Single Post
Old 09-27-2014, 04:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
johnxxx
Track Member

Drives: 2014 370Z PW Nismo
johnxxx has a reputation beyond reputejohnxxx has a reputation beyond reputejohnxxx has a reputation beyond reputejohnxxx has a reputation beyond reputejohnxxx has a reputation beyond reputejohnxxx has a reputation beyond reputejohnxxx has a reputation beyond reputejohnxxx has a reputation beyond reputejohnxxx has a reputation beyond reputejohnxxx has a reputation beyond reputejohnxxx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by achie370z View Post
I installed my FI CBE and HFC's the other day on my 2014 sport touring. I have the Z1 smooth tubes and K&N filters. After about 100 miles the engine codes came up saying it was too lean post cat's. The front and rear 02 sensors are working and are not lazy when I read them on my OBDPro monitor. Since the HFC's have the anti fouling tubes is this creating a dead spot in the exhaust so that the sensor is not seeing the proper changes?. The car only has 7100km's. Has anyone cut the antifouling tubes off and welded a bung to pace the sensor directly into the exhaust stream and if so did it work?. I have 4 years left on the warranty and don't want to do a tune and turn them off. I have now taken the HFC's off and reinstalled the stock cats and cleared the codes. They have not returned in over 400 km's. Is there another fix that might work to help the sensors? Thanks Terry

Yeah Terry... I threw the same 2 codes you did a couple of weeks back. I have a 2014 Nismo w/ Stillen CAI/FI resonated test pipes and FI 18" resonated CBE. I got uprev'd tuned and about 100 miles afterwards I threw those same 2 codes. Just returned back to my tuner and he removed so no more check engine light. There's not many choices we have when we have 3 breather mods.... think you'll find here on the forums once you go beyond 2 breather mods you'll need a tune to make things right. The ECU can adapt somewhat but it's best just to do it right and get a tune.
FI TT Kit #099 making 794whp/713# torque@23psi
johnxxx is offline   Reply With Quote