View Single Post
Old 09-23-2014, 10:23 AM   #11 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
I see you have a 2010 Z. I think there's a possibility you have the Rev D steering lock. This is the lock used to replace the one for vehicles listed in the recall and the one used until some point during the 2011 or 2012 model year when they got rid of it entirely in the US models. Unfortunately, Rev D is still prone to failure - there were several recorded instances of it happening on this forum even prior to the recall being issued. ...
I no longer have a 370 so I can't run out in the garage to check, but, IIRC, you can see the ESCL label if you stick you head down in the footwell and look up. If you have a rev D unit, as per JARblue, Nissan won't fix it for free ( ) If it's a rev C or older, they are supposed to take care of it.

Whatever the outcome, I highly recommend that you disable the lock motor ASAP. I suggest pulling the fuse (what I did to my '09). If you don't mind cutting "The Brown Wire", that's an easier job. See link in sig for more than you really want to know about 370Z ESCLs. There's even a repair/rebuild DIY, if you are so inclined.