View Single Post
Old 09-23-2014, 03:00 AM   #29 (permalink)
Agent K
Base Member

Drives: '13 370Z MBlue 6MT
Agent K is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannonebr View Post
With all due respect to those who are trying to help with the problem, 'funkdoobiest' makes a great point. I wish I had a dollar for every miss-placed online performance recommendation. I've been modifying cars, motorcycles and ATVs for long time. Some of the online advise that I have used has resulted in no difference, more problems or in a blown engine and lots of money down the drain. Some has been very valuable! Online forums are often times basically just opinion boards so the reader beware. They DO provide a valuable asset for those looking for answers but owners must give careful consideration on online advise. There are lot of variables but like every other car 370z's have certain traits.

I too have a hesitation on my stock 2014 Z auto with a Stillen cat back and it's really getting under my skin. It really sucks when you plan to (safely) dart out into traffic (like all Z drivers yearn to do from time to time) from a dead stop depressing the throttle about 25% to 50% and you are waiting a second or so for the engine to rev...... it feels like the engine is going to die in traffic. Is this hesitation simply a 370z thing or is there really a fix for it? I read in Car and Driver review of the 2015 that this is a problem with the automatics. My Z did not seem to do it before 5000 miles, but then again it could be just me as I get into the throttle more than when it was new. I try to stay away from the insidious gasohol. It's easy to say that one needs to do this and do that to fix it, I fear that the people who really know what the issue may be could too too busy to for input. It seems to me to be a programming issue for emissions, maybe restricted intake flow? I have a liter bike that used to do the same until I bumped the idle up a few hundred rpm and it went away, the fuel flow was too lean and the throttle body was closed too much at idle to respond to a rapid change in throttle. Maybe dirty throttle bodies? Just throwing thoughts out there.
Just my .02 cents, I too was taken aback when I punched the throttle in 1st gear and there was nothing. That began my quest to resolve the issue.
Pulling like a MF...

Now, I can get her sideways off the line Actually it's kinda scary now...I can only imagine what the boosted guys are experiencing.