View Single Post
Old 11-22-2008, 09:21 PM   #46 (permalink)
ctzn
inquisitive

Drives: G35
ctzn is on a distinguished road

Only other cars I am looking at the Evo X, which is growing on me, but I don't really need the space. The C6 w/LS3, but I am not really a Vette' kinda guy, I don't have that much chest hair.

The Genesis is a very poorly designed car in my eyes (and I happen to be a designer), and not nearly the quality that the Z can offer.

For the money there is nothing else that really interests me, as the base price allows me to have a quality DD as well as put some money into modifying the Z. If I decide I don't need a DD I will look at E92 M3 or 996 GT3 (though I am not a big fan of the 996 design).

There is no real middle ground when it comes to these cars, they kind of trail off in the mid $30k to $40k range and then nothing really interesting until you get to the $65k - $80k range. Where is a solid 400hp, lightweight coupe for $50k?

That said, the 370Z is the most attractive option in my eyes. $30k for a base model + $5-8k for mods and I am looking at a perfectly satisfying weekend canyon carver/track machine that looks fabulous. No complaints from me.

Last edited by ctzn; 11-22-2008 at 09:24 PM.
ctzn is offline   Reply With Quote