Thread: Are these good?
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2014, 02:01 AM   #9 (permalink)
VABAM
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: with VDC off.
VABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond repute

I was planning on get Wilwoods until my mechanic buddy warned me off of them. The biggest issue with them is their calipers do not have dust covers/boots (if I remember correctly). In the end they will not last as long/require more maintenance. Not worth it in the long run. So I saved up and got StopTechs instead (StopTech 4P Front and Rear BBK).

If your Z is going to see track time I would suggest saving up a getting a high quality BBK. If you want something better than the base brakes and do not plan on tracking your Z than the sport package Akebonos would be a great upgrade. Like what Joey o said Z1 has a great selection of brake options, including the OEM Akebonos, that will fit almost any budget. Z1 Motorsports 370Z Brakes