View Single Post
Old 09-15-2014, 07:23 AM   #8111 (permalink)
MightyBobo
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: No cars; only bikes
MightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MightyBobo Send a message via Skype™ to MightyBobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristobal09 View Post
Correct me if im wrong as when it comes to cars you are definitely smarter than me when it comes to vehicles.

That isnt always true though, when he was tuned, the tuner most likely turned off the P0420 code that tells you your cat isnt working IF Mark has a test pipe or HFC. (Thats what they did with my evo). So when he goes to get emissions, itll read as "not ready" and theyll just fail him. I dunno, maybe MD is different than VA, but I just registered my Evo at my parents house in a county that doesnt have emissions. Problem solved.

If hes on stock cats though, should be fine most likely.
That is possible. However, I believe MD's test is really just a cursory "is the light on?" test. However, you have a point and you could be correct.