View Single Post
Old 09-14-2014, 05:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
P's_Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Zeta
P's_Z has a reputation beyond reputeP's_Z has a reputation beyond reputeP's_Z has a reputation beyond reputeP's_Z has a reputation beyond reputeP's_Z has a reputation beyond reputeP's_Z has a reputation beyond reputeP's_Z has a reputation beyond reputeP's_Z has a reputation beyond reputeP's_Z has a reputation beyond reputeP's_Z has a reputation beyond reputeP's_Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick760 View Post
Has anyone ever cleaned the electronic throttle bodies on the 370z?? I've been searching online and there are different ways of cleaning it but you have to be careful when you clean the butterfly. Some say disconnect the wiring harness take out the throttle body and just spray the butterfly with throttle body cleaner and carefully wiping around without moving it. Some say you can safely move it but you'll have to do a open and close electronic relearning procedure. Others have damaged them. Whats the best safe way to clean them?
Dealer charges $40, seeing its something that i might easily mess up and because its so cheap, i have them do it. Plus, its documented that i went to the dealer and that they did their BS 20 something point inspection. everything else i try and do it myself