View Single Post
Old 09-12-2014, 02:06 AM   #14 (permalink)
SS_Firehawk
Premium Member

Drives: 13' Magma Red Nismo
SS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacCool View Post
Nah. Service manual, owners manual, maintenance manual for 2011 and later don't recommend synthetic in general nor ester in particular. 2014 recommend oil changes every 5000 miles. It's in the manual. It's what Nissan recommends.
I'm not going to get in a pissing match about oil, but it does say it recommends ester. I called Nissan and asked specifically. I then called MPP and asked them the same question, they both gave me the same answer. Any 5W30 oil is 100% fine, buuuuut they do recommend the ester.

In my 2013 book, it's on page 9-2. On page 9-1 and the last page, it shows recommended specifications

The only vehicle that REQUIRES ester is the GTR. Most people aren't going to want to spend $100 on oil changes for this car, especially when dealerships are promoting free oilchanges or discounted ones. Who wants to give out free $100 changes?

Now back to sipping my Dr Pepper and Captain Black; Cheers

SS_Firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote