Thread: ARC Bling!
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 08:10 PM   #17 (permalink)
370Ztune
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Z34 370Z
370Ztune has a reputation beyond repute370Ztune has a reputation beyond repute370Ztune has a reputation beyond repute370Ztune has a reputation beyond repute370Ztune has a reputation beyond repute370Ztune has a reputation beyond repute370Ztune has a reputation beyond repute370Ztune has a reputation beyond repute370Ztune has a reputation beyond repute370Ztune has a reputation beyond repute370Ztune has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 245ONQEW View Post
I'm not one to criticize JDM parts manufacturers, lord knows I had more than my fair share of HKS and Greddy on my Lancer. However, with the rise of the American Tuning Houses, places like AMS, Buschur, GTWorx, Vishnu Performance, Works, Agency Power, to name a few, it has really made me jaded as to why pay $1,400 for a cat-back from a name-brand Japanese manufacturer who doesn't post on forums, rather their vendor/dealer does v. $900 for an equally nicely finished (if not better) non-name brand, but reputable Tuning House from North America who does post on the forums.

Food for thought when buying parts. By no means am I saying 'Buy American'. But just think about your motivation for buying JDM parts for more money than domestically-made parts of equal or better quality...
Not sure if HKS and Greddy should be the JDM parts you are referring to.. they are as much a USDM product as you can get really. If this is your comparison you might be missing out on some of the best proven exhausts.. MCR, Amuse, Mines, Esprit, Tracy Sports, hell even J's holds records at Tsukuba. Quality is forged more than just looks I agree, but all of these companies have proven performance and look good doing it... there are lots of great companies worldwide in fact.. but with lots of cheap imitations out there as well promising some of the best headaches. Just my two cents!
370Ztune is offline   Reply With Quote