Thread: Ford WTF
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 11:07 PM   #17 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaudiofanat View Post
This coming from a member with mustang in his name

I am just stating what I see how bad ford commercials are. The truck ones are good but other than that na.
I can tell that you are a very gullible guy, because if you actually watch those GM ad spots you can tell that they are a very, very desperate company. All they do is raise their inferior product on a pedestal and attempt to poke fun at the competition. They stoop to the level of a 5 year old and make themselves look silly, all while they are losing market share and slipping in quality ratings.

GM is a company with an ***-backwards corporate culture. Their business model is one of, "ignore everything that's going on in the world and keep on doing it the GM way." No wonder they needed billions in taxpayer dollars just to cling to life for another few years before someone finally lets them croak.

You think Ford's commercials are stupid, but the American consumer is actually out there buying Ford products. While GM and Chrysler were running themselves into the ground, Ford corporate was restructuring the business. They revamped their debt structure... invested heavily in improving product quality, developing new lines, and figuring out what the market wanted. The result? No taxpayer funding needed, they are gaining North American market share, they have bridged the quality gap with the Japanese, and they are spending less on incentives. GM is having to push more incentives to try and lure people to buy!

Ford is an American success story. Whether you like them or not, they have done a fantastic job with the company.

Whether or not I have Mustang in my name or not shouldn't matter. I'm a finance guy for a living first and foremost, and I think that most people here who've read my posts know that I am not going to hold back any scorn. Just because I have a Z doesn't mean I like everything about it... see?

Moral of the story -- don't make any inferences on the health of the company based upon the entertainment value of the commercials.
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote