View Single Post
Old 08-31-2014, 12:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
docaam
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z34/240z/Hakosuka
docaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Docaam Project Hakosuka

Hey guys wanted to share my current ongoing project/ride. First few posts are old ones with all all updates happening for last year.

Being a hardcore Nissan fan was in search for a skyline for a while Hakosuka to be specific, fell in love with this car since started working on S30, been looking for last 10-11 months or more but finally managed to get hold of a 1972 Skyline 2000GT sedan back in june last year.

Saw it on yahoo auctions in fact was there for past few months, asked a friend there to contact the dealership and check the car. He went down in Kawasaki area and saw/drove the car, it has some bist of visible rust on drivers side doors nothing which cant be taken care of easily. Apart from that it drove fine and body looks good as well.

The details what I saw and heard that time were:

1972 2000GT Sedan Kouki Model
Engine seems to be modified L20 with triple carbs, headers not sure what else is there but sounds and drives fine
AC is there seems to be stock offered by factory
Power steering & Hayashi wheels

Below copying from local forum to update the thread

End of October 2013 skyline reached here got it cleared and straight to the workshop, thought would be able to register it but i guess need some bodywork as some panels have rust spots

Some positive points car body is straight and seems like been modified in the past, painted black from outside inside is original Gun Metal colour, floors, engine bay and trunk area is in good condition, most of the exterior parts are intact and good to reuse, aftermarket fender mirrors, Interior is pretty decent with moonface mats , GTR speedometer, all switches and panels in good condition, 5speed upgraded transmission, engine is the best thing so far havent started as needs new battery, but its upgraded with headers and exhaust along with triple carbs, power steering and AC. Not sure if its stock L20 or been replaced to L24/28/30 need to check that so far so good

Took some mobile cam pics, of the body

Sometime in November Started the body work opening up panels and counting rust panels, rust was there but then I guess not that bad happy with overall condition of the car. Plan is to fix the rust panels then strip the whole car and spray it, while arranging some usual parts from Japan.

Some proper pics taken for the first time

docaam is offline   Reply With Quote