View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 06:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
280z/300zx
Track Member

Drives: 280z, 300zx, Vette
280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute280z/300zx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCuomo View Post
1. You should be able to purchase the car at dealer invoice. Right now some dealers are even selling at prices below their invoice in order to sell off the 2009 MY vehicles.

2. The mileage depends on the type of driving you do - if it's mostly in-town street driving, your mileage will probably be close to 18MPG. Highway should be 26MPG or so. Those are the EPA estimates, and it's also what I get on my Z.

3. Only you can answer that. The Z is not an economy car - if that's what your priority is, go check out a Prius.

4. What we (or I) pay for insurance is not necessarily related to what you will pay (too many variables such as amount of coverage, driving record, where you are located, your age, etc.). Call your insurance agent, tell him/her what you're planning to purchase and they will tell you what the insurance will be.

5. The Z appears to be very reliable. I've owned mine for 6 months and use it as a daily driver - zero issues. But, since the car has only been out for 1 year, there are no long-term stats on its reliability.

Good luck with your purchase, regardless of what you end up with!

My thoughts exactly on all of this.

Furthermore, I drive 4 miles to work one way and do pretty much all in town driving with a heavy foot. My gas mileage is typically around 17mpg. On the freeway for a 250 mile trip the best I could get was 24mpg but I wasn't exactly going 65 the whole way to california either. With a sports car gas mileage shouldn't be your primary focus. Then again our corvette got 32 mpg on the same trip with the same type of driving so go figue.
280z/300zx is offline   Reply With Quote