View Single Post
Old 08-27-2014, 11:30 PM   #3662 (permalink)
VABAM
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: with VDC off.
VABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond reputeVABAM has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostvette View Post
I didn't intend to disparage anyone's use of a laser/tac light on their pistol, I'm sorry if it came across that way.....Again, my apologies.....
No worries! I did not take your comments negatively! I was just putting my in the mix for the benefit of everyone. IMO the more info the better.

Quote:
...Everything we use, be it tac light, laser or whatever is a matter of personal choice. The important thing to remember is that practice is the key, be it live fire on the range or dry fire at home. The other part of the equation is the mental decision to use deadly force when and if it becomes necessary.

Quote:
...I see a lot of 'tacticool' people at the ranges that absolutely have to have the latest and greatest gadget on their toy and can't hit the broad side of a barn, yet blow through a box of ammo, no perceptible group on the paper and consider themselves John Wayne.
I know how you feel. Seeing people's targets that look like they were shooting a shot gun at 25 yards but, it was actually it was a pistol at 20 feet, I also hate it when people blame bad marksmanship on the gun.

The thing the gets me the most riled up is when some one at the range says to me “You got that gun because it was in (insert video game or movie).” I usually set them strait on that one. My ACR drew comments like that for awhile, especially when it was new. How ever my one firearm that never fails to draw stupid comments is…“Isn’t that the Lara Croft gun?”…my H&K USP 45 Match. I absolutely hate those movies because of what it did to the price and perception of that gun. I was very luck to get mine, a safe queen that was barely shot and the guy was local, for $1900. At the time USP Matches were going for $2500-$3000. Now they go for $3500-$5000 all because of those movies. Also had to school my self on spotting fake USP Matches too because of those movies. There are many converted USPs and straight up fakes out their being sold as genuine USP Matches.