View Single Post
Old 08-21-2014, 09:20 PM   #201 (permalink)
Rangerz
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 370 Nismo
Rangerz has a spectacular aura aboutRangerz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post
I'm still doing fairly ok with my 25-row cooling, but I went with the Series-9 (it's not as tall as the 34, but it's wider than the usual Series-6's on this car. It's basically closer to the 34-row's total surface area, but you're not putting rows behind the crash beam).

But, I've also opened up the airflow through my front grill and put in CSF's radiator without a condenser in the way. My temps have been edging up uncomfortably as I get faster, but still not quite a problem yet. Next on my list is to vent the hood to exhaust the high pressure rear side of the radiator, and do some better baffling to keep air from escaping the oil cooler / radiator stack to the sides/below. I suspect those two things will bring me back down to where I'm super-happy with temps again.
Going to work on some baffling/ shroud this weekend. On my series 9 25 row I was hitting 250 at the end of the 25 min session. I do think the Nismo front end has some flow issues but, I'm hoping that shrouding the rear of the oil cooler to the radiator will help with the airflow.
Stillen Gen III/ NST/ Fast Intentions Non-Res HFC & 12" Resonated CF TDX/ Setreb series 9 OC/ SPL upper control arms/ Whiteline front & rear swaybars/ Uprev tuned by Seb@specialtyZ/ 319HP 262TQ/ Z1 PS Cooler/ Z1 SS Premium break lines/ CJM Road Race pump/Carbotech F:XP10 R:XP8 Nismo OC DIY
Rangerz is offline   Reply With Quote