View Single Post
Old 08-20-2014, 02:39 PM   #35 (permalink)
Mitco39
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th 370z
Mitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunk View Post
I am very aware of the air temp sensor in the MAF! You are correct, it is required for the MAF to properly function.

What I am talking about is how the MAF sensor in a pull-through configuration such as the R35 GT-R will not be aware of changes in air temp caused by the compressor and intercoolers. Therefore the ECU will not make air temp corrections (for fuel injection) based on air in the correct location.

To accurately apply air temp corrections for the fuel tables would require a secondary air temp sensor in or around the plenum, after the intercooler and compressors.
Sorry I misunderstood you...

Id have to see the tables in the computer to see how it runs. But if I am going to take a guess I am going to say that they utilize the MAF for idle and low boost conditions, then switch to a speed density type calculation when the MAP reaches some threshold.

Also regardless the MAF measures a flow rate, all the system has to know is that amount of air is in the system and will be ingested. It doesnt matter if it heats up or cools down from there as all that would do is slow down or speed up the incoming air, which works fine on a recirc type setup. With an open dump setup this would all fall apart as now your going to have metered air leaving the intake tract. However on a recirc setup I think your error would be minimal and under WOT id expect the system to use the MAP anyways.
My Build --> http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...39s-build.html

Last edited by Mitco39; 08-20-2014 at 02:48 PM.
Mitco39 is offline   Reply With Quote