View Single Post
Old 08-20-2014, 01:31 PM   #30 (permalink)
Mitco39
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th 370z
Mitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunk View Post
The dependency I believe you are missing is that a MAF sensor is not "boost-smart". Once you are using the MAF sensor in a blow-through application, while you will maintain repeat-ability in the installed application (hence still allowing for a consistent and safe tune), there is no longer any direct correlation between MAF voltage and PPM of air.
I agree with that 100%. I would suspect with higher pressures your going to have more air available to cool the sensor and "fool" it under pressure. That explains how on a NA car you can still see ~4.6 volts yet it still works under boost which much larger flow rates.
My Build --> http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...39s-build.html
Mitco39 is offline   Reply With Quote