View Single Post
Old 08-20-2014, 01:05 PM   #28 (permalink)
Mitco39
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th 370z
Mitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond repute

I see you did a ninja edit there.

I agree with you up until you measure after all the modifications. If your measuring at the turbo outlet then yes, you will have restrictions that cause pressure and reduce flow. But if you measure right at the TBs then it doesnt matter what is pushing the air before it, all that matters is that air is getting to the engine at some flow rate. This is assuming your IATs are very similar to another platform you are measuring against.

Its like having a large industrial fan pushing air through a very long cylinderical pipe, while at the same time using a small fan through a short pipe. If you cut both pipes such that you want the outlet flow to be the same it no longer matters what was before the pipes. All the losses incurred through the system happen before the point of measurement, not after it.

Again I could be wrong, but its how what I was taught sat with me. I will have to go find my fluids text.
My Build --> http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...39s-build.html
Mitco39 is offline   Reply With Quote