View Single Post
Old 08-20-2014, 01:00 PM   #27 (permalink)
Mitco39
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th 370z
Mitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunk View Post
Airflow and pressure are not directly relative anywhere you take reading or measure.
Care to elaborate?

If you have the same restriction downstream of a flow and it is in steady state conditions you will have a very similar flow as long as the device reading the flow has the same cross sectional area. Albeit if you are not in a steady state condition when dealing with air you will have density changes as the pressure changes as it approaches a particular restriction. If pressure was not relative to flow you couldn't have MAP tuning on engines at all as you would never know the mass of air being ingested by the engine.

While I agree with what you are saying I reason that if you have some constant variables then the system becomes measurable and if you wanted to even tunable based on pressures instead of flow rates.
My Build --> http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...39s-build.html
Mitco39 is offline   Reply With Quote