View Single Post
Old 08-20-2014, 12:07 PM   #25 (permalink)
Mitco39
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th 370z
Mitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunk View Post
For reference, with my Greddy kit that uses 2.75" MAF tubes, my MAF voltages are ALMOST maxed out in the 9psi area. I hit 4.9's in voltage. But boost pressure is not exactly an indication of airflow.

While I agree with you where the MAF is being measured the restriction to airflow past the maf should be consistent engine to engine unless you have extensive throttle body or plenum mods. Or if you figured out how to increase flow via VVEL. This is measuring the boost right after the MAF on Sasha's kit. But your right, where you measure boost can have a very large effect on what your seeing vs how much your flowing when compared to the next guy.

What is interesting to me is how it is not common knowledge that these stock MAFs are not suitable for what I would call over 475-500hp on stock sized MAF tubes. It can get very dangerous very quick when you get into the upper ranges of the MAF.
My Build --> http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...39s-build.html
Mitco39 is offline   Reply With Quote