View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 03:53 PM   #95 (permalink)
FPenvy
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 GT-R BE/09 370Z
FPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunk View Post
I dont know if any 18x12 will perfectly clear the sport brakes. I would recommend the Rota 18x12+20. They are cost effect and perfect size and offset to get the most grip youre going to get with your sport brakes on. Plus, I can confirm their fitment and function... I am the one who uses them on here.

They only just barely didnt clear the caliper. Grinding them down takes no time at all, and you dont have to take off a ton. They are just cheap akebono calipers and they certainly are not monoblocks! I feel no guilt grinding on them. Sure I would prefer not to... but I wasnt going to spend 3 times as much on different wheels and risk finding out the hard way that they didnt clear any better.

Since they are off the car right now... see for yourself:
looks good. not sure if i could bring myself to grind the calipers personally lol

wonder how big of a grip difference is between 18" DRs or 19" DRs
324whp/258wtq AAM Tuned |F.I. NonRes CF CBE/NonRes TestPipes #373|UpRev Tuner|Akuma Motorsports Intakes|Z1 34 Row Oil Cooler
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.I. Inc. View Post
Yes, they are Tony approved! Frank, when I get around to it, I may put your pipes into production. We will call them, "The FP" option.
-Tony
FPenvy is offline   Reply With Quote