View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 03:15 PM   #90 (permalink)
FPenvy
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 GT-R BE/09 370Z
FPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunk View Post
Not a chance!!!! I currently have rear base model 350z brakes on, and I still had the grind about .050" off the calipers. Once you make the required modifications to the dust shield, the brake conversion takes about 30 minutes or less. I dont mind doing it since the wheels obviously come off anyway. Its literally just 2x 19mm bolts and 1x 12mm banjo bolt per side to change the brakes.. thats it. Then a few pumps of the pedal to bleed each side.

I know 99% of you guys cannot STAND the idea of doing this before going to the track. Trust me, I resisted it too. I had 18x12" wheels with 315 drag radials and nearly zero baseline camber and it still couldnt leave hard. That 18x12 setup will now be my standard daily driver, and this will be my track set. I am selling my 19x11 rear volks because even on 305/30/19 R888s, having the turbos is almost pointless until 60mph.

I dont have to change the rear brake every single time I swap wheels... because the ugly factor is the only reason to bother taking off these rear brakes anyway. I have stoptech rotors and pads in there, the single piston surface area isnt TOO far off from the piston size on the akebono rears... To be completely realistic, I am just not going to notice the difference on the street even with the HP I have and speeds I go. So I will probably only put the rear akebonos back on occasionally.

Stay tuned for a write up post on putting 28s on the car. Its very cheap and easy, and is going to make the drag strip WAY more amusing. The diameter will have an effect similar to a longer final drive, and the gobs of sidewall will make it SO much more forgiving to the ridiculous camber gain.
well you go to the track and show me a 60' time thats worth doing that much work and i'll jump right in lol

but just for going here and there and N/A that seems like a bit much. for me driving my car daily and to and from the track i just think thats a bit much lol
324whp/258wtq AAM Tuned |F.I. NonRes CF CBE/NonRes TestPipes #373|UpRev Tuner|Akuma Motorsports Intakes|Z1 34 Row Oil Cooler
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.I. Inc. View Post
Yes, they are Tony approved! Frank, when I get around to it, I may put your pipes into production. We will call them, "The FP" option.
-Tony
FPenvy is offline   Reply With Quote