View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 03:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
jpkirk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '14 MidBlu ST MT
jpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond reputejpkirk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB View Post
That's my point... its one whole unit. Its just called a concentric slave cylinder, no where in the FSM is referred as a throw out bearing. These incompetent mechanics just use the wrong verbiage.

OP, did you happen to see where the fluid was leaking at? That right there will tell you if its the master cylinder or the slave cylinder. Really the only places you can have a leak.... well I mean if somehow the lines were damaged but very unlikely
That's kinda bold to say the mechanics are incompetent. They could be geezers like me and just used to using the old language. Wrong verbiage does not necessarily imply incompetence. It is, however, a valid data point for later irritation.

EDIT: I was wrong, the mechanics botched the work.

Your second point is right on though.

intake | exhaust | wheels | tires | suspension ... um ... stock, do speed stickers count?
intake | exhaust | TE37 SL | RE-11 | suspension ... um ... do speed stickers count? Signature under construction

Last edited by jpkirk; 08-20-2014 at 08:52 AM.
jpkirk is offline   Reply With Quote