View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 10:39 AM   #40 (permalink)
1cleanZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 PW Nismo
1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute

Update from Saturday's "test and tune".

Got the UD pulley installed (PITFA!!!!!!!!! who thought getting the bolt out and then pulling off the pulley?)

Put the car on the Dyno and.....the A/F looked perfect immediately. Added some fuel, took some away...running rich in the low end at 11ish could squeeze about 3whp at the top end. To me, just not worth it. Entire curve between all three pulls/adjustments in a/f were damn near identicle so I elected to stick w/ the OEM Nismo tune as it seemed to keep the A/F in the safest places, not to mention the idle was perfect.

Gen3's, M370, UD pulley, RHFCs and SS catback, put down 320whp and 258 ft/lbs of tq. My goal was 320 keeping the 300 cell cats intact, and we got there. (All of these #'s were with my 20" WORK GS2's mounted)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrvaxx View Post
Come with me to Brainerd next Wedneday or the one after. We'll put you in my car for a 1/4 run or two or three. Then decide if you want the twins.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrodz View Post
I hear you loud and clear on keeping your priorities straight! But once you go boosted NA won't due anymore.

Yeah, the number I gave you were after a tune and is what Seb figured. My dyno sheets are posted in the Engine Section within the M370 Review tread. I pulled some pretty good numbers with just K&N drop ins, exhaust and ART pipes.
Yeeeeeah. It didn't take us going to the 1/4 mile for me to want Twins. A simple drive around town in Brian's (Arrvaxx) 40th FI TT was enough for me. I've also road in the Prototype out in Cali (Blake's), as well as Tony's GTR. Damn it it makes our NA cars just seem....sluggish. The sound of the exhaust...sure, great, love it....but the sound of each shift point or even a slight acceleration and letting off.....ahhhh, that blow off valve, that tq pull, ....baaaaaah, like I need to explain it to the both of you, you BOTH HAVE IT ANY TIME YOU WANT IT!!!!!!

We shall see. House closing is Sept 29th, our son is due in December. 2015 may bring on the next big step for the Z, but definitely not this year.
2009 PW Nismo #0021 -My Built Progress >>1cleanG to 1cleanZ<<
Team NextLevel

Last edited by 1cleanZ; 08-18-2014 at 10:45 AM.
1cleanZ is offline   Reply With Quote