View Single Post
Old 08-14-2014, 08:14 PM   #73 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah that's all the general idea. I prefer a slightly loose car. Step one should be downsizing or getting rid of the rear sway, but I'm also way overdue to up my spring rates as well - and while the swaybar is the bigger issue right now, dropping rate from that is going to make at least my rear springs suddenly a bigger issue, too.

So I'm probably going to end up making both changes at once. It'll be fine if it's somewhere in the ballpark of correct. So I'll do a bunch of math and season it with some random guesswork and then throw on a set of springs and see what happens

Really, the worst adaptation I've had to deal with so far was a simultaneous switch from high-treadwear tires to RS3's while also stepping down from a staggered to a square tire setup. Felt awful to me the first drive, but after a full weekend I adapted and decided I liked it better. I'm sure this sway+spring change will feel a little weird to me at first, too, but it'll probably be fine as long as I don't screw it up too badly.