Thread: Gauge selection
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2014, 11:40 AM   #13 (permalink)
aszyd
Track Member

Drives: Magma Red 370z T+S
aszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond reputeaszyd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwick View Post
I've been pretty happy with my GReddy Multi-gauge. It runs boost on the dial and any two I select (oil temp, oil press, coolant temp, fuel press, voltage, EGT, I think that is all of them. Oh boost if you want digital too) on the LCD screen. It stores peaks and will give you audio warning. The only draw back to it is it will only alarm what is being displayed. Oh and it's a 62mm pod, which is the only one in existence. Good news Mr. Gale already has a template for that size

Although they stopped production of it for future release of a replacement.
And it's expensive as hell! I was looking into the Greddy, but the cost and all the things you mentioned turned me off. If they had their new version out already, I might have considered it. But I'm not about to drop $500 to display oil temp and pres. on the same gauge, when it is the wrong size and already EOL. Instead, I spent 300 to do it with the two NEW Tanabe gauges.

That being said, if I ever went turbo, I could see using the Greddy for boost, IAT and EGT on the same gauge.

You are correct about the video display while the car is moving issue, but there are wiring hacks that can be done to prevent that problem.
aszyd is offline   Reply With Quote