View Single Post
Old 08-12-2014, 10:29 AM   #31 (permalink)
Zauskycop
Base Member

Drives: 2012 370Z, '16 Miata
Zauskycop will become famous soon enough

I wouldn't say you can drive the hell out of it...it is certainly less "tossable". But it does have an incredible amount of lateral grip that you can used to your advantage. It will take you time to work your way up to trusting it, but even on the STOCK tires I am on still (ugh) it is pretty amazing.

Get into the turns..ease into throttle then if you feel a bit of a push, try to tweak the throttle input (I mean MORE throttle) until you feel a very nice rotation from the rear. I have yet to snap spin mine (prefer not to actually) but that also means I haven't found the limit.

I weak points of this car are:

A. Oil temperature, which can be solved with an oil cooler. And

B. Brakes. Though they are incredible stopping, BUT they heat up. Fast. Very Fast. For light tracking you are okay. Want to run 25 minute sessions, start thinking about ducting for the brakes.

I have the Stillen kit, which undoubtably helps, but I boiled mine with fresh Motul, at Blackhawk Farms a month ago. Two disclaimers: I was running VERY hard on the brakes...wanted to really test them and after 9 or 10 laps of really pushing...I felt them going and backed out. Secondly, BHF raceway is known as the hardest track on brakes in the USA...if there is a harder one, we haven't found it.

Tracy Ramsey
Zauskycop is offline   Reply With Quote