View Single Post
Old 08-12-2014, 09:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintfocus View Post
Your spring rates are stiffer in the back then front
Oops. Yes, I think I copied them backwards. I flipped them around in the top post now.

Quote:
Also, what is your sway bar and alignment settings like?
I'm on Hotchkis sways on both ends, with the rear currently set at its softest setting (because that worked best for rear-end stability on the street tires - but then again I haven't re-evaluated that in a while, and my driving has improved and changed a lot since then. Perhaps the problem was more me than the car ). I've been hearing the ideal is to go to weak or non-existent rear sway and stiffer rear springs instead.

The other suspension components are stock other than SPL's front upper control arms for camber/caster adjust. Front is in the ballpark of -2.5 camber and 7 in whichever is the only reasonable direction on caster, I think. I set it at home with one of those cheap kits, and it's been a while, I should probably go re-measure and adjust sometime. I left the rear alone at stock-ish settings (with the changes from the car lowering ~3/4" or so), so I think it's gotta be around -2 camber there?

I should start writing these things down when I measure them heh, it's been months.

Last edited by wstar; 08-12-2014 at 10:02 AM.
wstar is offline   Reply With Quote