Thread: Oil starvation?
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2014, 01:08 AM   #3 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

re fuel: On road courses the starvation tends to happen on long, fast right-handers (to keep the fuel sway all one direction for a little while). I would suspect it would be less an issue in Auto-X as you don't have long fast sweepers, but I donno, I don't auto-X much. For a fast driver on sticky tires on a triggering road course, you have to completely fill the tank at the start of every session if you want to avoid it (or solve the problem with e.g. phunk's road race pump solution).

re oil: I don't think it's any more an issue for our car than any other. Longevity will be improved if you do something to aid oil pickup in corners without foaming it (overfilling will cause foaming...). Unfortunately there aren't a lot of available options to help with oil starve on this car, but on the upside I don't think we've seen any definitive cases of engine damage from oil starve either (well, without other causes). Be sure to use good oil and an oil cooler.