View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 03:48 PM   #70 (permalink)
cooltoy
Elite Member

Drives: 14 PW 370Z S/T MT
cooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond reputecooltoy has a reputation beyond repute

Alright, I am going to start going through all the threads and quote installation tips into this thread, so it all resides in one place.

GENERAL (KIT RELATED POSTS):

DIY: Installing Amuse Vestito Front/Rear Bumpers

.c2's 2009 Magnetic Black 370z

Pictures of ShineAuto Amuse kit in the raw:

Carbon fiber amuse install help needed

Amuse kit in comparison:

Carbon fiber amuse install help needed

FRONT:

Fly1 AMS front does not come with a built in under-tray.

Fly1 AMS Partial CF Front Bumper

For those with an oil cooler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfdaxe View Post
Needed some trimming on the inside because of my oil cooler. They have about a 4"x4" opening for the drain plug, but with my adapter plate and larger filter, I'll have to make a larger opening. The FRP cuts like butter. I also have to move my HID fogs in a bit to clear the opening.
Show and Go license plate holder with links to DIY an YOUTUBE:

Help me hunt down the mfg of this sweet gadget!

Amuse Front Bumper Aluminum Skid Plate / Splitter:

Amuse Front Bumper Aluminum Skid Plate / Splitter!

Fly1 Motorsports Custom Skid Plates / Splitters

Fender liners:

Quote:
Originally Posted by equalme View Post
Did anybody fit their own amuse front bumper? If so, just curious if you had to trim the fender lining at all...I'm having a hell of a time getting the AJ bumper on.
Help if you have amuse front bumper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simota1 View Post
for the front bumper.... you will have to CUT the oem splash guards so the bumper will fit.... you do this even with the real kit so no worries... now the hard part is that on the front diffuser part... the holes dont line up at all..... none of them do... so you will have to dremel new holes so that you can put the bolts in the factory parts
SKIRTS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairladyZ10PG View Post
How are other amuse owners changing their oil? I can't jack up my car without having to remove the sideskirts. Just trying to get ideas since I can't fit my jack under the car even with the home made wooden ramps (not high enough).
Quote:
Originally Posted by axmea? View Post
Its a hot mess with these skirts. You need two low profile jacks from harbor freight and four stands to do it right or take it to a local shop like I do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by definitionxmk View Post
i roll up on some wood. jack it up w more wood touching the jack and the frame, then put the jack stand. i then jack up the other side and the same way to level it out. then i have to take off the whole front bumper to get to the oil filter (oil filter relocation kit). it sucks.
Quote:
for the amuse side .... i assume its from shine... if it is... then no mods needed... they fit really nice.... remove the stock one by unbolting the 8 10mm bolts under the car the screws in the front portion in back of the tire and the ones in the rear tire located in front of it... pull the upper portion of the side skirt to release the tabs and take out the double stick mounting tape.. then slide it forward and voila install the new ones....
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaienZ34 View Post
From my bro simota...

AMUSE SIDE SKIRTS INSTALL!!!!

alright man.... LOL its like 2am here but i gotta at least finish this one.... here is the fun part... your gonna have to drill.... reason being the side skirts that carbon signal provides you has no holes whatsoever but before you freak out.... its actually really easy

step one...

man i wish i took pictures lol ok... there are two screws phillip heads... in the front of the rear tire.... and one phillip head in the front... which is located in the back of the front tire..... i find it easier to jack up the car at its jack points so there is plenty of room to work with.... you have to remove the rear tire.... unscrew the two screws in the back and the one in the front

step two

un bolt all of the 10mm bolts located underneath the stock side skirt... there is maybe like 8 if im not mistaken.... and one pop in fastener.... remove all of that... here is the tricky part... when you open the door... the immediate curve where the body and side skirt meets in the door jam there is double stick tape there.... just pull on it and break the seal of the mounting tape....now you have to pull towards you until you hear a small snap... which means you unlocked the clips.... id say a good 4-5 inches around the mounting tape area..... thats how much you pull forward... no more than that or else youll snap the clips.... now once it is forward.... you have to push towards the front of your car... this will unlock the remainder of all the clips holding the side skirt repeat the step on the pass and your all set

step three

get the carbon signal side skirts... and look at it.... you will see little places where there should have been a hole.... pay close attention to them you can easily tell because the finish on that part is rough and a circle outline is there... now you have to drill precisely all those holes out.... and youll never guess what... they bolt up precisely..... the clips that was on you stock side skirts are useless.... they wont mount on your amuse skirts.... all you have to do is add mounting tape where you removed it and bolt up all the 10mm underneath and your all set.... put back the phillip screws in the rear and the front
remount your rear tire unjack your z... and do it on the other side

step four

step back grab a beer and now sir you have the rear and side skirts mounted....

Project Z

Project Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaleForce View Post
Also, the side skirts, just behind the doors where it meets the body (the horizontal line) will need to be brought out a little to meet up nicely with the existing body. Other than that, the fitment is pretty good.
REAR:

DIY on replica amuse kit, help needed !!

Rear license plate and license plate lights bracket:

Amuse rear bumper help

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonSignal View Post
For rear Amuse bumper you need to create some kind of bracket for license plate lights that dont think can be done at home as DIY
Foam behind the rear bumper:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ire View Post
what does everyone do about the white foam that peeks through the mesh on the rear? Im thinking of just getting some black wrap and sticking it over the white. either that or plastidipping it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheee! View Post
Going to 'carve' mine down a bit for more clearance and paint it black....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realale View Post
I just removed it altogether. You would have to shave it down so thin I really don't think it would do anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheee! View Post
I agree now after looking at it again tonight. It's going to stay off the car and the bumper fits better too.
Possible issues with stock exhaust (contact Simota for more info):

Quote:
one more thing fellas... im having a problem with my oem exhaust making contact with my amuse rear.... im scared it'll lead to a crack soon.... i just noticed it today...
Quote:
so after looking at my rear bumper there is definitely pressure....... its pushing my amuse bumper 1/2" forward im scared it'll crack it when i drive it

WING:

Visibility:

Official Powerhouse Amuse 370z Thread

Wing brake light:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooltoy View Post
The light is for a Toyota Sequoya part number is 81570-42071.
MISCELANEOUS:

Canards, diffusers for front, sides and back:

Amuse 370Z front canard

AeroJacket Carbon Fiber Add on Canards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide67 View Post
Been considering the canards. Did you drill an tap them in or 3m?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfdaxe View Post
I was on the fence with getting these, but thought I'd try a different look. They came with screws so I drilled from the back prior to putting the bumper on. One note; these are made for Aero Jackets Amuse bumpers. They have a slight curve to them. My shine Auto was flat where these mount. I ended up (after screwing them on) using some black silicone body seam filler to fill in the small gap. It blended in nicely and can't even tell.
Measurements of Amuse kit compared to Stock 370Z (at stock height):

Differences between Amuse/Shine Auto/VIS and Extreme Dimensions/Duraflex kits:

Simota's DRLs :

SIMOTA1's journal....
SIMOTA1's journal....

Pictures of VIS Racing kit (not the same as Extreme Dimensions):

VIS Racing Amuse Rear brand new SOCal

VIS Racing Amuse kit Brand New

Duraflex/Extreme Dimensions install comments:

370Z Roadster Atlanta Journal

Member of kenchan's "photoshopped mods" and "proper offsets" gang.

Last edited by cooltoy; 07-09-2017 at 02:56 PM.
cooltoy is offline   Reply With Quote