View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 09:51 AM   #15 (permalink)
KaienZ34
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z34 Tour/Sport
KaienZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeKaienZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeKaienZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeKaienZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeKaienZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeKaienZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeKaienZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeKaienZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeKaienZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeKaienZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeKaienZ34 has a reputation beyond repute

REAR bumper

alright for the rear what you wanna do is remove the rear bumper first.... follow my diy on the fog install in the diy guides here and follow it to uninstall all the rear panels of the hatch.... once youve done that you have to remove your taillights.... pop off the black pieces that cover the bolts on the top side, remove the two 10mm bolts and dont forget the tiny nut on the inside of the car (thats why you had to take out the panels) slide the taillight STRAIGHT OUT do not pull it side ways one bit you will scratch your paint and probably break the guides on your taillights..... once youve done this.....unplug the harness..... then you can start unmounting the stock rear bumper.... there are 4 pop in fasteners on each side pop them up and pull them out.... now when you pull em out the head of the fastener has to be half way sunken in if its all the way out the fastener will NOT come out easily and it will break if you force it.... (i broke one of mine) LOL ok now all thats left is the bolts there are only 4 bolts 10mm holding it they are located in the corners of the z rear bumper start with the bottom unbolt left and right then the top ones.... the splash guards are covering em so just kinda pull and move aside the splash on the corner you dont have to unmount it.... the last thing you have to do is remove the one fastener on the bottom.....

were the fog is.... same as the 4 fasteners earlier pop it half way up only and pull it out..... now we just gotta get the bumper off.... start from the corners... have a buddy help you since its ur first time and you dont want the bumper accidently just falling off lol(happened to me my first time ) lol ok start from one of the corners pull it down a lil this is to unlock it from were the 10mm was bolted on DO NOT JUST PULL IT sideways you will tear the mounting point.... once you pull it down a lil now you can pull it straight out you will hear craccckkkkkkk but thats normal lol thats the lock in clips.... do it to the other side and viola bumper is off!!! your half way there remove the crush foam.... and throw it away lol you cant use it no more.... i almost cracked my bumper because i didnt know you had to remove it....also remove the bracket that is on the bottom on the bumper... the fog area the only thing holding this is 3 pop in fasteners... these are the pop out all the way and pull it out.... wear safety glasses because all the dirst and dust will go in your eyes....

once you got it out throw it away lol now for the rear bumper all the holes are there.... so your pretty much set.... except where the fasteners used to be where the taillights are..... so what you wanna do is somehow mark the bumper..... i kinda just eye balled it.... and i drilled a small hole while the bumper was already on the car....now when i got the holes somewhat near the old fastener holes you wanna open up the pilot holes with a dremel now you have perfectly aligned holes!!! pop in the fasteners bolt the 4 10mm make sure the bumper is aligned and put the tails back in and panels and your done viola amuse.....

KaienZ34 is offline   Reply With Quote