View Single Post
Old 07-25-2014, 08:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
Tadpole
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Nissan 370Z A7
Tadpole has a reputation beyond reputeTadpole has a reputation beyond reputeTadpole has a reputation beyond reputeTadpole has a reputation beyond reputeTadpole has a reputation beyond reputeTadpole has a reputation beyond reputeTadpole has a reputation beyond reputeTadpole has a reputation beyond reputeTadpole has a reputation beyond reputeTadpole has a reputation beyond reputeTadpole has a reputation beyond repute

My advice to you is head to an audio shop like I did and listen to what you like. I went to custom sounds here in Austin and listened to alpine, pioneer, kenwood, etc and decided to go with the alpine setup with components and amp. I also purchased a custom box made for the Z with two 8 ' s to get full sound from the rear. After putting two subs in I had the lows but missing a lot of mids since I crossed out my components more so for the highs. I then cut holes in my custom box and installed 2 6x9's and disconnected the 8's. End result? Wow! I really did not want the box but after listening to the clarity and depth of music I knew this was the right way to go. I will be installing another amp for the subs to get my deeper lows to finish it off. Price points, alpine components, alpine amp, and alpine deck installed, $1100. Price of the sub box. $120. Price of subs. $50 (went cheap) price of JBL 6x9 ' s. $80.
Not sure if this helps but if money is your hold back do a little at a time. Amp size you will be fine with 150 watts with 50 watts RMS will be capable of ear ringing but it all come to personal taste. Have fun with you audio project