View Single Post
Old 07-21-2014, 11:04 AM   #193 (permalink)
MightyBobo
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: No cars; only bikes
MightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MightyBobo Send a message via Skype™ to MightyBobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpkirk View Post
So how do you "like" something like that. So I just liked the first part, not the almost getting killed part. My brother tells bike stories like that. I'm like, sh!t dude, I only have one brother.

My motto?

, but safely. Save the crazy stuff for autoX and track days. And yet, I still catch myself ... Since I'll have my wife along, she tends to scratch up the passanger side door handle flailing around trying to grab it if my approach to a corner seems a little aggressive.
It happens when you're riding. You simply recover and learn from them. Long and short, I misjudged a blind right-hand corner and took it too hot. Scrubbed off some speed by staying upright (COULD have simply leaned harder to get back across the double yellow, but opted not to). That right turned into an immediate blind left, and right as I was getting back across the center, a Prius came around the opposite direction. Thankfully, he wasnt speeding, but to be honest I had plenty of time/space to evade if I needed to.

Long and short, all turned out well, and the rest of the ride was uneventful.

Btw, when I say tight s-turn, I mean TIGHT - I wasn't particularly hauling or being reckless, but I did enter the corner incorrectly.

Don't worry, I don't intend to push it through the corners. I just want a fun, uneventful back-road ride up to the park, versus the monotonous 695->70->whatever north.