View Single Post
Old 07-21-2014, 09:10 AM   #11 (permalink)
Mitco39
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th 370z
Mitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond repute

You guys are getting these weird readings when one of the 2 fuel level sending units start to act up. This car has 2 sensors, one on each side of the tank and it takes the measurements from both sensors and averages them together. So if you have one sensor starting to mess up (or possibly the float gets stuck) and it reads empty, but the other one is reading full then you will see a half tank on the dash.

I am actually surprised nissan didnt put a self check DTC to keep this from happening without a check engine light. Even Chevy has it set that if the fuel gauge does not move for a extended period of time it will throw a code and assume its faulty so that the driver does not run out of fuel somewhere and left scratching his head.
My Build --> http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...39s-build.html
Mitco39 is offline   Reply With Quote