Thread: wstar's Journal
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2014, 08:32 PM   #828 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Random updates: I chunked a front brake pad at CotA. These were the Carbon-Lorraine RC6E. They had plenty of thickness left, but they've been on the car for nearly a year, so I guess their age and the excess heat from hard braking at CotA did them in. While I'm interminably waiting for 2x sets of RC6 fronts from Essex, I ordered some Hawk in DTC-70 front and DTC-60 rear to hold me over since those ship out much faster. Assuming the Hawks still have life left when the RC6 arrive, I'll save the used Hawks as backups for the next time I destroy a pad or two

Hawk pads should be here Tuesday. Will be doing my brake pads and some related overdue work in the wheel wells (front brake rotor discs, replacing studs + lugs, etc).

I'm also going to take a stab at venting my hood this next week with a cutoff wheel and some mesh and whatnot, we'll see what happens as that project evolves

Revised remaining schedule for the year (assuming I don't miss any of them!):

Aug 2: MSR-Houston - Race 4 Charity
Aug 23-24: TWS - PDS (maybe!)
Sep 6-7: TWS - The Driver's Edge
Sep 20-21: NOLA - NASA
Oct 4-5: MSR-Houston - The Driver's Edge
Oct 11-12: TWS - NASA
Nov 1-2: Eagle's Canyon - NASA
Nov 22-23: TWS - The Driver's Edge

Last edited by wstar; 07-18-2014 at 08:36 PM.
wstar is offline   Reply With Quote