View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 07:11 AM   #8 (permalink)
semtex
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: People to drink
semtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
^^^ Awesome. Good to know. I wanted to get the 4 receiver setup to secure the back of the car too, but I just couldn't figure out where to put them. I assume you thought about that too?
Yeah, I thought about it, and same thing -- I couldn't figure out where to put them. I used to use the K40, and you could mount it right onto the license plate with the license screws, but you can't really do that with the Blinder. I mean, even if you went with just 1 transceiver, the thing is a lot deeper than the K40, so it'd jut out like 4 inches and look silly. I did discover something interesting though -- the width of the transceiver is the same width as the rear fog lamp area! It would fit perfectly in there! Thing is, we'd need to figure out a way to nicely cut off about 2 inches off of top of the cover. Plus, I'm sure the wiring harness and plug that sits behind the cover would be an issue as well. But it's a thought. Anyway, cops around here never hit cars with laser from behind (knock on wood), so I figured I don't really need coverage back there.
semtex is offline   Reply With Quote