View Single Post
Old 07-10-2014, 06:35 PM   #1957 (permalink)
GaleForce
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Varis Arising II
GaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond reputeGaleForce has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitco39 View Post
I have the exact same issue. I have been spending a bunch of time as of late tuning and playing with Uprev. Take a look in the Edmonton group (I believe your a member in there) under the mod discussion thread.

Anyways I believe its being caused by 2 things. The fact that the BP kit removes the PVC on the boost tubes, which is needed. But I also think its trying to activate some sort of emission operation that is causing the lean issue. There is something going on in the backend and the fact that your having the same issues as I mean that its not just something I inadvertently did. How is your idle when it is meeting or close to 14.7? Mine hunts, again I think its a byproduct of removing the emission systems but I dont see anyone else having these issues, or they are just living with the bit of a lopy idle.

This kind of relates to my rich lean bank thing that I got figured out. It is not a leak causing this issue, the ECU is directly causing this issue. It might also be related to the VVEL on the car. I will be spending some more time logging and playing with it this weekend I hope.

Also if you have the ability unplug your Post cat O2s if you notice the engine richening up at idle for no reason. This fixed that issue for me, but after tuning mine a few days ago I now have the lean out on idle.

If you figure it out before I get time to play with it let me know. haha
My idle bounces around. It will move from 13.5ish to 14.9ish, mostly staying in the mid 13-low 14 range.

I believe I had the lean bank code. Vince had said to clean the MAF. Made no difference.

I really thought it was the BOV staying open intermittently at idle. Oh well, it's kind of good to know someone else has the same issue.