View Single Post
Old 07-09-2014, 04:29 AM   #39 (permalink)
wdkwang
Track Member

Drives: slidewayz
wdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond reputewdkwang has a reputation beyond repute
Default "Oils Ain't Oils"

Time for another oil thread.

So I've faithfully Redline oiled everything in my car from the engine oil (with purolator pure1 filter, of course), tranny, and diff since 3k miles based on the recommendation of this forum. About 40k miles later and the car is running fine. I did my own hw on redline and found how it's a group 5 oil and has the ester that Nissan recommends. I've kept using it based on the faith of other users on this forum and on the peace of mind that I'm giving the z the best stuff.

But.. Some engine oil wear tests show redline isn't so great. One shows mobil1 being better, one shows mobil1 being better than royal purple. One shows royal purple being better than both mobil1 and redline, in which this is displayed in this PDF: http://www.animegame.com/cars/Oil%20Tests.pdf

So what do you guys think?
Powerhouse Amuse | K&N Typhoon Intakes | MotorDyne ART Pipes | Borla Catback Exhaust | B&M Short Shifter | Intake Ducts | Ichiba 25mm F/R Spacers | Carbon Fiber Interior Vinyl Wrap | Tints | 10000k HIDs | Vtak, yo!