View Single Post
Old 07-04-2014, 09:05 PM   #31 (permalink)
Mitco39
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th 370z
Mitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordo! View Post
Hmm. So that doesn't affect the detection logic, it just turns off the CEL... that's probably randomly screwing with things for a lot of folks

Having the two O2's on one bank sounds like it very well might be the problem! Actually, if they are located on the same downpipe, one after the other rather than on separate but parallel paths, they are probably reading latency in voltage change from the primaries quite differently, and that could result in wonky corrections being applied.

One more thought if it isn't the O2's: Are you using bigger injectors? The k multiplier (I can't recall if that scales for size, injector latency or both) might need to be tweaked if it was left at stock values.
Jordo, thats how it is in a bunch of other ECUs I've played with. I would expect this one to be no different. I have not tested out that fact but I would be very surprised if this one did something other than the Bosche/Delphi ECUs I have played with.

The double O2's could most definitely be the issue and right now thats the next thing I am going to do (been a bit busy as of late so I haven't played with the car at all as of yet.

I do have larger injectors and the K multiplier was changed accordingly. Even if that wasn't dialed in properly you would just see that in the correction factors as well as at WOT you would go lean or rich depending on how far out your K factor is. Essentially any of those changes will absolutely affect the AFRs but under closed loop the computer will do its best to account for any errors in the tune itself and if your to far out you will get lean or rich bank codes.

Tomorrow I am installing CJMs fuel return system which will warrant a full redo of the fuel tables so I will be playing with UpRev alot then. As I type this I am soldering together my own device for listening to the knock sensor with headphones that they have posted on their website.

My Build --> http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...39s-build.html
Mitco39 is offline   Reply With Quote