View Single Post
Old 07-04-2014, 04:26 PM   #48 (permalink)
Mitco39
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th 370z
Mitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond repute

I have a fair bit of background tuning, not these engines mostly GM based. I actually own my own Custom tuning shop here in Edmonton (specializing in Diesels currently but looking to expand). I have been in the tuning world here now for 5+ years and am actually looking at getting pretty deep into many other platforms in short time here.

I should have started with that I guess.

Anyways. The low octane table (knock table) will matter when you start really playing with the timing and trying to get all you can out of the car. Anyone who says that doing it that way is plenty safe, in my opinion, is flirting with disaster. Its always good to have a backup, and I would love to have a very very conservative backup so I can immediately determine that the car has retarded itself and plug into my tune to figure out where/why that occurred.

The car was initially tuned by Greg and Seb but to 100% their credit that car could not make the fuel they were requesting and we ran out of time on the dyno. So the tune in my opinion (as I am sure they will agree) is unfinished as it sits. It runs very well as it and great under WOT but there is gains to be had in tweaking the constant state operation of the engine. Seb told me right while it was on they dyno that he would have loved to have access to the Low octane map, so I would assume if they couldn't get into it it wasn't available as of early last year. Hopefully things have changed since then.

My rom is 1EJ2A.

Id invite you to check out this thread if you have time. Not a big deal if you are to busy. Just curious if you ran into this yourself during tuning.

AFR difference between the banks

Thanks for your time.
My Build --> http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...39s-build.html

Last edited by Mitco39; 07-04-2014 at 08:27 PM.
Mitco39 is offline   Reply With Quote