View Single Post
Old 07-01-2014, 08:03 AM   #209 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
To me closed loop targets 14.5 at xx timing, pretty basic. Open is by itself targeting whatever AFR and timing you're running based off of load and rpm.
?? Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, or I don't understand this **** as well as I thought I did. I thought our AFR target maps (the ones you can modify based on rpm/load/whatever) were what it used in closed-loop mode to realtime-tune the fuel trims based on feedback from the upper O2's to reach the desired target AFRs.

I also thought, by definition, "open loop" meant you're running on a fixed set of fuel tables (perhaps including recently-learned trims from closed-loop mode) but *not* using AFR from the upper O2's to modify the fueling in realtime to try to reach a specific target anymore. In other words, closed loop is based on realtime feedback, and open loop isn't.