View Single Post
Old 06-29-2014, 10:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
Z_ealot
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Touring/Sprt
Z_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond reputeZ_ealot has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
The Subaru BRZ May Be No More! – Insider Car News

I'm not shocked. I'm in that 10% group that was not impressed with the Toyobaru Twins from day one media hype and was less inspired after the FR-S test drive. Subaru expected me to buy one, then test drive. Being that I had to ream this engine out for it to feel just barely fun was the deal-breaker.
They say this car is awesome on the track... I don't know cuz I only had 30 min of street time in the FR-S. But I can assure you they left all the fun for track duty as this well-balanced chassis snoozes along the public road. There's just nothing there unless you floor it right off the line. Do that 3x at each light and lose a third of your tank.
Subaru's mistake. Having no plans to FI this car. Now it's possibly abandoning what was a 3+ year project with Toyota. So Subaru, abandoning this car instead of adding FI and a BBK is about as smart as...
1. Your big buy before test drive policy.
2. Your unrealistic BRZ msrp for a rwd with anemic engine.
3. Adding a wacky-doo CVT to the WRX instead of a JATCO 7AT copy or DCT.

Way to go subie. Awesome business strategy. Lol

actually the way i heard it, subaru is getting screwed over basically by toyota as there is talks of toyota teaming up with BMW on all future sports cars thus leaving Subaru high and dry

edit: just read your linked article and it even states in there that toyota is basically abandoning subaru...not really sure where you got the idea that it was subaru's decision to end the BRZ

Last edited by Z_ealot; 06-29-2014 at 10:45 PM.
Z_ealot is online now   Reply With Quote