View Single Post
Old 06-29-2014, 03:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Subaru BRZ leaving so soon?

The Subaru BRZ May Be No More! – Insider Car News

I'm not shocked. I'm in that 10% group that was not impressed with the Toyobaru Twins from day one media hype and was less inspired after the FR-S test drive. Subaru expected me to buy one, then test drive. Being that I had to ream this engine out for it to feel just barely fun was the deal-breaker.
They say this car is awesome on the track... I don't know cuz I only had 30 min of street time in the FR-S. But I can assure you they left all the fun for track duty as this well-balanced chassis snoozes along the public road. There's just nothing there unless you floor it right off the line. Do that 3x at each light and lose a third of your tank.
Subaru's mistake. Having no plans to FI this car. Now it's possibly abandoning what was a 3+ year project with Toyota. So Subaru, abandoning this car instead of adding FI and a BBK is about as smart as...
1. Your big buy before test drive policy.
2. Your unrealistic BRZ msrp for a rwd with anemic engine.
3. Adding a wacky-doo CVT to the WRX instead of a JATCO 7AT copy or DCT.

Way to go subie. Awesome business strategy. Lol

Last edited by UNKNOWN_370; 06-29-2014 at 03:26 PM.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote