View Single Post
Old 06-26-2014, 06:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
Crypto2k
Base Member

Drives: 2009 Nissan 370z
Crypto2k has much to be proud ofCrypto2k has much to be proud ofCrypto2k has much to be proud ofCrypto2k has much to be proud ofCrypto2k has much to be proud ofCrypto2k has much to be proud ofCrypto2k has much to be proud ofCrypto2k has much to be proud of

Check out https://timur.mobi/ and pick up an OTG cable. You'll be happy you did.

I have a Nexus 7 2013 I custom installed in my Red Frontier (after some relocation/fabrication) and I specifically waited for this kernel to be released to do it. Turns the tab on and off with the car and goes into deep sleep which lasts for days, then wakes up instantly. The kernel + OTG allows you to charge at AC speed so there's no issue running everything at full. I also use tasker to go full brightness during the day and auto at night. While also setting media volume to full when on AC, etc. For temp installs the really cool feature is when the OTG cable is unplugged, the tablet functions as normal.

Rough picture of the completed project:
2014-05-18 13.30.50-1.jpg

Stock dash for anyone not familiar:
0502mt_04_z+2005_nissan_frontier+dash.jpg

4wd controls and deck both shifted down a spot, which was a VERY lucky fit.

FWIW I also run off the same Anker charger, as you can see I have two. Love all their products so far.
Crypto2k is offline   Reply With Quote